The main role of the Administrative Assistant is to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. From the morning essentials that get us started to the office space that inspires our productivity, the Administrative Assistant is there to make it happen. Your expertise lies in your positivity, approachability, and execution abilities in a rapidly changing environment ranging from top executives and scientists to accounting staff, new-hires, and interns. As the Administrative Assistant, you will be the first impression for the entire organization. The daily administrative activities will include, but are not limited to, answering the telephone, assisting visitors, checking and distributing mail, opening of the office, and purchasing of office supplies.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our waterfront office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis. Typical weekly schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 12:30pm, 20 hrs. a week with occasional flex. Potential room to grow as company needs arise.
- Office opening (lights on, coffee brewed, water plants, control temperature of office, etc.);
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures);
- Conference room cleaned and prepped for meetings (water, snacks, supplies, etc.);
- Answer, transfer, and administer the telephone using a multi-line system with professionalism and company knowledge;
- Greeting and assisting in-office visitors, once reopened to the public;
- Assist with daily tasks as assigned such as, but not limited to, filing, scanning, faxing, printing, binding, and mailing of documents;
- Support daily mail needs with checking the mailbox, sorting, and distributing to the appropriate team members;
- Prepare outgoing department mail;
- Daily and weekly office disinfecting and cleaning, and
- Support purchasing needs after receiving manager authorization and keeping a list of needed supplies.
Skills and Experience:
- Technology savvy and computer literacy at a moderate level with MS Office Products, with proficiency in Outlook, including calendar and tasks, and Word;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to completion;
- Read, write, and speak English at an expert level;
- Type proficiently of at least 40 words per minute;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to Company Policies is required.
About Soundview Consultants (SVC):
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the PNW’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Soundview Consultants is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.