You are a qualified, self-motivated and talented individual that desires to collaborate with a team of likeminded and hard-working professionals. You are an entry to mid-level CAD technician/designer ideally with experience in landscape design, civil experience, knowledge in plants, etc. You can demonstrate your excellent graphic capabilities through providing a cover letter and examples of your work that may translate well to this position. Your resume is well-organized, with a professional display, and shows your proven diligent work history.
Part-time or Full-time, non-exempt provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime eligible. Typical hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our waterfront Gig Harbor office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with outside clients and partners made up of landscape architects, civil engineers, surveyors, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a wide variety of public and private landscape architectural projects. Typical projects include: wetland mitigation plans, shoreline restoration, site plans, land development, tree retention plans, creek and swale designs and support for large scale planning projects.
Position roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare concepts, design development, maps and graphic illustrations under direct supervision.
- Work with Principal, Project Managers and Planners as well as our GIS Developer to compile data, import drawings and maps and prepare design solutions.
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professionals that include civil engineers, landscape architects, general contractors, planners and environmental scientists.
- Participate in design meetings.
- Review background information for projects with critical thinking and understanding of the bigger picture (i.e. Topo maps, Google Earth maps; National Wetland Inventory maps; Salmonscape maps: etc.)
- Preparation of high-quality technical drawings incorporating site plans and maps from partners and clients
- Understand basic site planning and design
- Able to prepare basic grading plans and specifications with direction
- Coordinating and tracking in collaboration with the Project Manager/Planner on assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships
- Ability to work independently, accountable for deadlines, tracking time and staying within budget
Skills and Experience Need to Apply:
- 2-5 years of professional experience.
- Willingness to learn and become proficient in GIS mapping
- High proficiency with AutoCAD, GIS, Adobe and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working on wetland and shoreline mitigation is preferred. Stream and/or wetland restoration experience a plus
- Understanding or prior preparation of JARPA drawings and wetland rating figures a plus
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges
About Soundview Consultants:
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resource assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. We specialize in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the Pacific Northwest’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. We have achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Our Benefits Package and What We Offer:
- PTO (Vacation/Sick)
- Paid holidays
- Retirement with employer contribution
- Education, incentive & bonus programs
- Positive culture and professional environment
- Talented and diversely disciplined team
- Solid reputation in the environmental industry
Soundview Consultants, LLC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Please provide your cover letter and resume.