Ben brings a wealth of experience in fisheries biology and aquatic resources to the Soundview team. Ben’s expertise includes endangered species and water quality monitoring, NEPA and SEPA compliance, and long-term ecological monitoring programs related to lakes, streams, wetlands, water quality and climate.
Ben Wright is an Environmental Planner and Fisheries Biologist with a background in lake ecology, stream ecology, fisheries biology, water quality and climate science. Ben spent 18 years working at the federal level providing technical assistance for both the development of infrastructure projects and management of aquatic resources. During this time, he developed numerous biological assessments, water quality monitoring plans, and fisheries management plans. Ben’s expertise includes endangered species monitoring, assessments and permitting on federal highway projects. Ben is experienced in fish population assessments, utilizing genetic analysis, spawning escapement and movement studies. Ben has been successfully managing wetland, stream and shoreline assessment, restoration, mitigation and monitoring projects for clients across the Puget Sound Basin since joining the Soundview Consultants team.
Education and Professional Development
- B.S., Genetics and Cell Biology with emphasis in Aquatic Ecology – Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- Graduate Certificate in Fisheries Management – Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
Professional Certifications, Training, and Workshops
- How to Conduct a Forage Fish Survey – Coastal Training Program
- Puget Sound Coastal Processes – Shoreline Modifications, and Beach Restoration – Coastal Training Program
- How to Determine the Ordinary High Water Mark; Coastal Training Program
- Navigating SEPA – Coastal Training Program
- Using the Revised Washington State Wetland Rating System (2014) in Western Washington – Coastal Training Program
- How to Administer Development Permits in Western Washington’s Shoreline – Coastal Training Program
- Wetland Delineation
- Certified Electrofisher – NW Environmental Training Center
- Operational leadership – National Park Service
- Crucial Conversations – National Park Service