Dana is a geographic information system developer with a background in application development for web and mobile platforms, GIS education, and indoor mapping.
Dana Scott is a GIS Developer with a background in application development for web and mobile platforms, managing spatial data, GIS education, and project management. Dana currently provides spatial analysis and design support for residential, commercial, and industrial land use planning and permitting. She develops delineation exhibits, creates site and mitigation plans, as well as prepares environmental assessment and mitigation reports.
Dana earned a Master of Science degree in Geospatial Technologies from the University of Washington. She has also received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science with a minor in Business Administration. Her educational focus has given her several years of experience in marine debris and sediment studies through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Dana is also certified through the University of Washington as a GIS engineer and has received formal training through the Washington State Department of Ecology and Coastal Training Program in the use of the Washington State Wetland Rating System.
Education and Professional Development
- M.S., Geospatial Technologies; University of Washington
- B.S., Environmental Science; University of Washington
- B.A., Business Administration and Management; University of Washington
Professional Certifications, Publications and Awards
- GIS Training Certificate; University of Washington
- Coauthor of “Biodiversity Survey of Benthic Communities of Commencement Bay”, 2011. Final Report; Citizens for a Healthy Bay
- Puget Sound Harmful Algal Bloom Data Collection and Publication through NOAA
- Shore Friendly Kitsap Workshop Certification
- 2016-2017 Geographic Information Systems Analyst (Programmer I)
- 2015-2017 Professor of Introduction to GIS at University of Washington
- 2013-2015 Content Team Manager and Project Manager for Point Inside
- Using the Marine Shoreline Design Guidelines for Marine Shoreline Stabilization
- Using the Revised Washington State Wetland Rating System (2014) in Western Washington
- Puget Sound Coastal Processes, Shoreline Modifications, and Beach Restoration
- Designing and Installing Mitigation and Restoration Projects
- Coastal Inundation Mapping
Previous Employment History (abbreviated)
- Geographic Information Systems Analyst (Programmer 1)
- Instructor “Introduction to GIS”; University of Washington
- Content Team Manager and project Manager; Point Inside