Rachel graduated from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and a minor in Marine Science.
Rachel Quindlen is a Staff Scientist III who loves running, hiking, camping and climbing during her time off. Yoga, travel and attending concerts are also some of her favorite pastimes. Rachel enjoys working outdoors and has experience with wetland and stream delineations, endangered species surveys, monitoring of mitigation sites, stream survey and mapping, and water sampling for sediment testing. She is a skilled technical writer and has experience working with state and federal regulators to obtain environmental permits.
Education and Professional Development
- B.S., Environmental Science, minor in Marine Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Research semester at UNC Chapel Hill’s field site, Institute for Marine Science, located in Morehead City, NC, studying marine geology of oyster reefs (Rodriguez Lab)
Professional Certifications, Publications and Awards
- SWITC (Surface Water Identification Training and Certification)
- NCWAM Certification (North Carolina Wetland Assessment Method)
- Science Diver, Rescue Diver, Nitrox and Advanced Open Water PADI Certifications