BOOKKEEPER – GIG HARBOR
You are a qualified, self-motivated and talented individual with financial and accounting experience. The main role of this Bookkeeper is, but not limited to, prepare, and send or upload client invoices, process client payments, conduct relationship-based collections, respond to client inquiries, prepare and process payments for vendor invoices, respond to vendor inquiries, process employee expense reimbursements, assist with payroll, assist with telephone and other bookkeeping related duties.
This position is based out of our Gig Harbor office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis.
- Supporting with the preparation and delivery of client invoices in accordance with client specifications;
- Preparing aging report and review A/R balances on a weekly basis with manager, contact clients, and coordinate payments to meet a collection plan through relationship-based collection efforts;
- Processing credit card payments and posting client payments in QuickBooks;
- Assisting with bank deposit per policy and ensure accuracy for reconciliation and audit purposes when required;
- Entering, updating and maintaining all client profile and project details and information in server files and company systems as directed;
- Supporting with accounts payable for separate entities and vendors using accounting software and other programs;
- Supporting with bills and payroll as needed to insure they are paid in a timely and accurate manner while adhering to departmental procedures;
- Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges;
- Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts;
- Credit card review, journal entry and processing;
- Resolve account discrepancies;
Skills and Experience:
- Competency with QuickBooks and other accounting software;
- 1+ years of profession experience in accounting;
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities;
- Required to keep a professional manner in all aspects and with all coworkers, clients, vendors, and other professionals;
- Competency with Microsoft Office software is required including document preparation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Ability to work independently;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to Company Policies is required.
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
About Soundview Consultants (SVC):
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the PNW’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Soundview Consultants is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.