LANDSCAPE ARCHITECT – Gig Harbor Location
You are a qualified, self-motivated and talented individual that desires to collaborate with a team of like-minded and hard-working professionals. You are a Washington State Landscape Architect with experience in landscape design, habitat restoration, and integration of natural elements into a variety of public and private settings.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our Gig Harbor office in order to collaborate effectively with multiple team members on a daily basis. The selected candidate will also work collaboratively with outside clients and partners made up of landscape architects, civil engineers, surveyors, planners and others, to provide design and production support on a wide variety of public and private landscape architectural projects. Typical projects include: wetland mitigation plans, shoreline restoration, site plans, land development, tree retention plans, and creek and swale designs and support for large scale planning projects.
- Prepare design concepts, development of project elements and illustrations;
- Work with Principals, Project Managers, Scientists, Environmental Planners, and our design and mapping group to prepare design solutions;
- Work in collaborative integrated teams of professional partners that include civil engineers, geologists, general contractors, planners, and environmental scientists;
- Participate in planning and design meetings, stakeholder meetings and public hearings;
- Review background information for projects with critical thinking and understanding of the bigger picture (i.e. topographic maps, aerial imagery, GIS data, etc.);
- Preparation of high-quality landscape designs including habitat restoration and mitigation plans;
- Understand site planning and design, grading, and native plants and design specifications;
- Visit construction sites as necessary to gather information, review design intent, inform and support senior project team members during construction phase;
- Use comprehensive knowledge of native trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials, and annuals in preparing planting plans and density calculations for wetland, stream, and shoreline mitigation/restoration plans;
- Coordinating and tracking in collaboration with Project Managers/Planners on assignments, scopes, schedules, budgets, and deliverables;
- Review plans and specifications for negotiations and compliance with approved Land Use and Resource Agency permits;
- Client communications as directed;
- Maintain collaborative and positive relationships, and
- Ability to work independently, accountable for deadlines, tracking time, and staying within budget.
Skills and Experience:
- S. degree in Landscape Architecture or related field;
- Washington State Licensed LA;
- High proficiency with AutoCAD and Adobe;
- 5+ years of professional experience;
- Experience working on wetland, stream, and shoreline restoration is preferred. Experience with native plants and natural design elements is a plus;
- Understanding or prior preparation of JARPA drawings and wetland rating figures is a plus;
- Technical knowledge of landscape architecture site development elements;
- Possess ability to organize multi-project information and responsibilities;
- Required to keep a professional manner in all aspects and with all clients, regulatory personnel, and other professionals;
- Competency with Microsoft Office software is required including document preparation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to Company Policies is required.
About Soundview Consultants (SVC):
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the PNW’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Our Benefits Package and What we Offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Vision Insurance;
- Group Life Insurance;
- Long-Term Disability;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Simple IRA with annual Company match up to 3%;
- PTO (Paid Time Off);
- Eight paid company holidays;
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program);
- ERP (Employee Referral Program), and
- Career Development Courses.
Soundview Consultants is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.