Gig Harbor, WA
Full time – nonexempt, salary range DOE $24.00 – $30.00/hr, Hybrid
Soundview Consultants is a well-respected Environmental Consulting Firm with 15 years serving our clients and communities. Our offices located in Gig Harbor, Mt. Vernon, and Cle Elum Washington are focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning, permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, tree, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs, mitigation planning, project planning, landscape architecture, and arborist services.
Soundview Consultants has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Staff Scientist to join our growing team! Here at SVC, we give you the flexibility to take care of yourself. We offer a hybrid work environment for team members working both from our offices and remote opportunities to focus on results and take time off when needed. The candidate can expect 2-3 days in the field and or 2-3 days in office at our Gig Harbor, WA location dependent on field work and business needs.
Some flexible schedule options may look like: 5×8’s 4x 10’s or 4x 9’s with a remote half day on Fridays. And your weekends are always YOURS! We work intentionally to assume positive intentions of each team member in support of the necessary work demands. We value our culture and team that we have built here and are currently accepting resumes of high quality contributors that want to grow their career alongside our team! If this sounds like you, explore this opportunity and apply today!
This position is perfect for a self-motivated Biologist, Wetland Scientist, or Environmental Scientist looking to collaborate and grow with our team. Experience with critical area delineations (wetlands, streams, shorelines) is preferred. Can demonstrate excellent written communication through providing well-prepared technical reports. Information is well-organized, with a professional display, and shows proven diligent capabilities. In this role you will have a combination of fieldwork and in-office responsibilities covering the greater Puget Sound area in the realm of natural resources management.
- Prepare first drafts to Wetland Assessment Reports, Biological Evaluations, JARPAs, Technical Memorandums and Habitat Assessments exhibiting excellent scientific writing;
- Embedding “red line” edits from team into draft reports demonstrating attention to detail and understanding of context;
- Research code and background information and sharing findings demonstrating analysis abilities;
- Finalize reports by compiling components into report body (ie: Appendices, Table of Contents, etc.), printing, binding, etc. with a professional finished product;
- Filing, prioritizing, categorizing emails to ensure project awareness and overview based on Managers direction;
- Submitting and tracking permits and completing other agency requirements showing follow through and competence;
- Detailed attention to filing in digital libraries and physical files;
- Prepare documents and mobilization for site visits and client meetings indicating forethought and teamwork;
- Assist with essential office and marketing duties such as drafting Scope of Work/Scope Amendment/RFQ’s/RFP’s, general office filing, organizing, and other various tasks as necessary to support our work product, and
- Assist in Fieldwork:
- Observing and recording soil, vegetation, existing conditions and hydrology data (ie: precipitation data, tidal elevation, temperature, etc.);
- Taking pictures of the project site;
- Digging pits to observe soil, and
- Filling out data forms;
- Perform other duties as needed, and
Adherence to Company Policies and Employee Handbook is required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in environmental science;
- BS degree in Wetland Science, Fisheries, Biology, Plant/Soil Science, Ecology or related scientific disciplines;
- Appropriate supplementary training and experience in wetland delineation, ordinary high-water determinations, biological assessments, regional assessment methods, and regulatory issues;
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable personal transportation with insurance;
- Ability to work productively in both field and office settings;
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges;
- Technology savvy and computer literacy at a moderate level with MS Office Products, with proficiency in Outlook, including calendar and tasks, and Word;
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks to completion;
- Type proficiently of at least 40 words per minute;
- Self-Motivated and Self-Directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Read, write, and speaks English at an expert level.
Our Benefits Package and What we Offer:
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Group Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability;
- 401K with 3% Company contribution;
- PTO (Paid Time Off);
- Paid company holidays;
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program);
- ERP (Employee Referral Program),
- Company Social Gatherings,
- Cell Phone & Field gear stipend,
- Flexible and Hybrid work opportunities; and
- Career Development Courses
Soundview Consultants encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our continuous path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a company that believes in affirmative action and equal opportunity employment. We are committed to equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its hiring and promotion process. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.