IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The IT Support Specialist maintains the computer network, providing technical support and ensuring the company as a whole runs smoothly by monitoring computer systems, installs, configurations of hardware and software, and solves technical issues as they arise.
This position requires the selected candidate work in our waterfront office located in Gig Harbor, Washington.
- Review diagnostics and assess the functionality and efficiency of systems;
- Implement security measures;
- Monitor security certificates and company compliance of requirements;
- Offer technical support to company staff and troubleshoot computer problems;
- Set up accounts for new users;
- Install and update company software and hardware as needed;
- Anticipate and report the cost of replacing or updating computer items;
- Repair and replace equipment as necessary, and
- Test new technology.
Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science;
- Technical support;
- A technical, logical thought process;
- An ability to stick to strict deadlines;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Possess ability to organize multi-task information and responsibilities;
- Required to keep a professional manner in all aspects and with all team members and other professionals;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude to perform with fast paced demands and high challenges;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Detail oriented, and
- Adherence to company policies is required.
The Following Skill and Experience is Desired but not Required:
- GIS/CAD experience.
About Soundview Consultants (SVC):
SVC is a well-respected environmental consulting firm focused primarily on natural resources assessments, environmental planning and permitting, and compliance services for projects with an aquatic regulatory nexus. SVC specializes in both marine and land use issues; site planning and project design; project coordination; permitting and management; marine, wetland, and stream ecology; habitat restoration; wetland, stream, and eelgrass delineations and assessments; benthic surveys; underwater and terrestrial monitoring programs as well as mitigation planning.
Our scientists work with many of the PNW’s leading companies, public entities, and regulatory agencies with a notably high level of success in achieving client goals and project entitlements. SVC has achieved this success while maintaining an exciting and positive workplace environment in a unique and historic waterfront setting in Gig Harbor, Washington.
Our Benefits Package and What we Offer:
- Health Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Vision Insurance;
- Group Life Insurance;
- Long-Term Disability;
- Workers’ Compensation;
- Simple IRA with annual Company match up to 3%;
- PTO (Paid Time Off);
- Eight paid company holidays;
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program);
- ERP (Employee Referral Program), and
- Career Development Courses.
Soundview Consultants is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.